5 Essentials for Your Marijuana Man Cave
Hey, you big adult, you! No longer are you smoking weed in your parent’s basement or behind the woodpile in your backyard like some sort of night lurking weirdo. You are a grown up who wears clean underwear (nearly) every day and doesn’t subsist on ramen and store brand soda. As such, you have your own place that you clean and keep presentable for company. That being said, you still like to smoke weed and it’s great to have a place to do it. Sure you could smoke in your living room, but wouldn’t it be great if you had a room where you could smoke and hang out? Of course, a marijuana man cave![i] Here are the essentials for such a cave:
- Ventilation – you can set up your cave anywhere… an attic, a garage, spare room, basement, where ever you have space. However, the one non-negotiable is ventilation. Any place you hang out is bound to get some stale air without fresh air– especially if you are toking in your man cave. So look for a place with windows or at the least get an air purifier or else you’ll be funky. If you are having problems eliminating or containing weed smell in your man check out one of our past blog entries.
- Entertainment – an essential to any weed man cave is some sort of entertainment – a television, a way to play tunes, a computer, and some video games (check out our video game recommendations!).
- Refreshments and snacks – the best 420-friendly man cave would likely have a fully stocked minifridge and be well stocked with snacks for the munchies. Sure you could leave the room to go get some nourishment but if you’ve got a serious case of couch lock going on let’s face it – you just aren’t gonna. Why not just be prepared! If you are entertaining guests in your cave, you will likely impress the heck out of them with your foresight!
- Comfy seats and couches – speaking of couch lock, you don’t want to sit on some rickety lawn chair or a hard wood chair. You want somewhere you can hang out, get your munch on, veg out, and possibly catch a few zzzs if the feeling arises. To that end, maybe keep some pillows and blankets on hand? Sure you might not PLAN on taking a nap but I didn’t PLAN on eating an entire sleeve of Chips Ahoy last night either.
- A big coffee table – you need to have a place to set your grinders, papers, lighters, bongs, and other paraphernalia. If you are one of those tidy potheads, you are also going to want a secure place to store said items to keep them safe and sound. If you have little ones around, you may consider a locked location for those items (or the mancave in general). A big coffee table also doubles as a place to put your feet up as you max and relax.
Do you agree with our list? What other essentials would you place in a marijuana man cave? Let us know on Facebook! Until next time, toke on Dreamers!
[i] We use “man cave” as it is a reference people know. You don’t have to be a man to have a man cave. You don’t even have to call it a man cave. You can call it Cassandra or something. Whatever your gender, it rules to have a sweet room to smoke in. Just go with that.