[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Choosing the Right CBD/THC Ratio
We are living in the Golden Age of cannabis. In the not-so-distant past, you just got weed, or you didn’t. Now there are so many numbers. We also know about cannabinoids. We know that THC is good, but CBD is also good, for a great many reasons. We also know that often it’s best to pair both cannabinoids together for maximum therapeutic effect. But what is the best ratio of CBD/THC for you? Take the following ratios under consideration:
- CBD/THC (1:10 or greater): These high THC strains are commonly used recreationally. Ideal for feeling the psychoactive effects of the THC. Therapeutic CBD effects are minimal if present.
- CBD/THC (1:3): At this ratio, the psychoactive effects of the THC will be present while the CBD will help mitigate greening out or other unwanted side effects caused by THC. While still THC dominant, this offers users some of the benefits of CBD that aren’t present in the more THC dominant strains.
- CBD/THC (1:1): Many consider this to be an ideal ratio for relief, insomnia, and anxiousness. This is a great place to start for cannabis naïve patients as you will experience the therapeutic effect with mild psychoactive effects
- CBD/THC (2:1, 3:1): These strains tend to eliminate most of the psychoactive effects of cannabis and are best for users not looking to get high. Psychoactive effects are mild and might only be noticed by the most sensitive users.
- CBD/THC (10:1): This ratio is often considered a medical dose for certain conditions. If this describes you, please talk to a medical professional. At this dose recreationally, you might experience mood enhancement and other positive CBD effects but will feel no impairment or high.
- CBD/THC (20:1): You may hear people in the cannabis industry refer to the ratio of 20:1 as the “Golden Ratio.” This term gained popularity in the medical cannabis community. As cannabis is a young industry, we were not able to find any studies explaining why a ratio of 20:1 is held in such high regard other than the fact that it would provide a very strong CBD effect.
So what ratio is right for you? It depends on what you are looking for! Consult these ratios and ask your budtender which strains at Agate Dreams are right for you. Toke on Dreamers![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]