[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]How to Have an Excellent 420-Friendly Halloween
Happy Halloweed! For some reason, cannabis and Halloween just go together. Perhaps it’s the candies or our early exposure to the patron saint of scared stoners. Maybe it’s that cannabis users are just more fun than non-cannabis users (sorry if this offends!) and Halloween is a fun holiday. Either way, you should have fun on Halloween while enjoying a little cannabis. Here are some ways to do it:
- Go to a Halloween party in a cannabis-themed costume: check out our article on costumes from last year for some ideas. You will be the belle of the ball in your 420-friendly getup. If you want to branch out and get creative with it, that works too. Just make sure you avoid these terrible costume ideas.
- Make some spooky edibles: there are many ways to go about this. You could make some gummy candy, or try your hand at any number of baked goods recipes that are both Halloween themed and have weed in them. For a non-psychoactive treat, check out this spiced CBD cider. Talk about give me something good to eat!
- Make a bong out of a pumpkin: as the townpeople nestled into their beds, voices barely audible over the morning rain began to chant softly. The voices echoed off the Agate Passage and returned louder, echoing off Hood Canal and becoming louder still till it became a low rumble. PUMPKIN BONG! PUMPKIN BONG!
- Get a cannabis-friendly scary movie: while we could suggest any number of scary movies, certain horror movies like Cabin in the Woods, This is the End, Day of the Dead, and Friday the 13th Part III make overt nods to marijuana use or have heroes who are stoners. This is my type of scary movie, and it should be yours as well.
- Laugh at the pot–laced candy myth: there are zero documented cases of trick-or-treaters being given candy laced with cannabis. Yet every year, the news, newspapers, and your aunt’s Facebook feed warn of this nonsensical phenomenon. No one is spending hundreds (thousands?) of dollars to give your child pot candy. It’s just anti-pot hysteria on par with Reefer Madness. Any parent worth their salt already throws out unwrapped, loose, or nonlabelled candy anyway. Remember: you are more likely to catch ebola than get pot candy trick-or-treating.
What do you think of our list? Any other great ideas? Let us know on Facebook! We hope you come see us to get your spooky sativa supplies! See you soon and toke on Dreamers![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]